Monday 5 March 2012

So it’s my second evening in my little lavender laminated haven! After trekking home from my first day in a pretty sick new job I ventured down to the in house restaurant and boy was I in for a treat! After once again battling with the lift system I gave up and took the stairwell which whilst smelling clean looked a little more than distressed. I order myself a bottle of still mineral water and some wholemeal pasta with chargrilled vegetables and pesto sauce.
To my right there is a particularly portly chap, and when he finds the time to remove his face from his steak and kidney pie doused in gravy with a side order of garlic bread, he throws me a look which does little other than produce a sudden desire to vomit. Buuut beggars can’t be choosers so I slip him my room number....joking!

I can’t help but giggle to myself thinking about how I might relay this account to you virtually in an hour or two. Luckily today has knackered me out so much that I’m in no position to feel embarrassed or awkward so I hurry down the oily pasta dish in one gulp and sprint back to 212 for a bath and episode of Marines in Afghanistan.

As I sit in my ridiculously over-sized bed accompanied only by a pack of dried cranberries and a large glass of wine, I write down the events of the past hour and a half in the hope that it might bring joy to someone who is also currently experiencing the delights of Lenny Henry’s supposed first choice of hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment