Sunday 18 March 2012


Ahhhhh can it just be summer already?! Absolutely can't wait for those long evenings when the sun doesn't go to bed till at least seven, eating breakfast outside and listening to the pigeons putting on their sun cream as they perch themselves on the roof ready for a day of tanning! (at least that's how I like to imagine they spend their days!)

I can remember being about six and having to go to bed before the sun had gone down during the summer months, I'd lay as still as possible under my single bed sheet, whilst the electric fan whirred rhythmically on my bedside table. Outside I could hear people firing up their lawnmowers on their return from work, making sure the grass was neat and tidy before the weekend brought with it pool parties and BBQs.

There is something exciting about pulling out your flip flops from the depths of the wardrobe, dusting them off, putting them on and letting your toes wiggle freely in the warm July breeze and don't even get me started on the ice cold ciders!

No comments:

Post a Comment