Wednesday 15 February 2012

So on my little list of favourite things that I put together yesterday I mentioned that I love to have a good ol’sing. There is nothing better than waking up after a shitty night’s sleep, whacking on a Beyonce ballad and screaming away at the top of your voice. More often than not I am way off key and singing entirely the wrong lyrics but I couldn’t care less, it makes me feel better and it never fails to make my sister laugh!

This morning for example I woke up after another sleepless night; well actually I managed to get three hours kip instead of the usual two so I can’t complain! Anyway I woke up feeling and looking like absolute shit. With too much to get on with and about as much enthusiasm as a Sloth in a relay race, I really couldn’t be bothered to work out today so instead I embark on cleaning the house wearing my bum toning trainers, that should do it!

Sooo my bum toners are laced up, the vacuum cleaner is raring to go and the sound system is cranked up to maximum volume....first song....Beyonce – Single Ladies. You should have seen me go! Christ alive, I hoovered that carpet like a mad woman; I’d practically finished the whole room before poor B got a chance to get to the chorus!

I’d got myself into quite a groove now, the polish was out, Rihanna was singing about a boy with no manners and the postman was getting an eyeful of my not so toned bottom wiggling around the front room. I do feel sorry for that letter bearing bloke, if it’s not my stark bullock naked Dad strolling around the kitchen tucking into a bowl of cornflakes it’s me and my mock Bajun bottom cleaning the windows!

So if anyone is feeling a bit down in the dumps today, trust me all you need is an empty room, a Beyonce album and the unique skill of not giving a fuck what you look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment