Thursday 16 February 2012

Oh my days! I have spent the morning clearing out my room of both dust and old memories and jeeze Maurice I found some absolutely priceless relics. Amongst pictures of me with a thousand neon hair bobbles in my hair and letters from loved ones, I found one of my writing books. This one dates back to when I was around 15 or 16, coincidently the first time I fell in love. I won’t indulge in the more romantic ramblings of which there are many. I didn’t realise quite how romantic I used to be, I’ll admit I shed a tear. I keep all these accounts and letters so that when I’m old and grey, and probably lonely, I can remind myself of what I used to have and maybe even respect the feelings of younger generations instead of dismissing them as immature and irrelevant. But enough of that emotional stuff! In this book I also found a letter that I wrote to my god-daughter Harriet when her Daddy died, she was only a little squiggle and amongst many other inevitable questions about life and death she asked her Mummy what a soul was. I was asked to help her understand and so set about writing down my best description....

In the tip of your little finger on your left hand lives a little soul. When you get bigger your soul grows with you and stays with you forever. Everybody has a soul in their little finger, it looks like a little locket and inside are all the things that make you who you are, like a picture of Mummy and Daddy, a picture of Jessica (her sister), a little giggle and your favourite memory. On the inside of the little locket that is your soul is a little letter, this has been engraved there so that you never forget or change who you are supposed to be. Your letter is a little H. So that you will always be Harriet. Every now and then you can open your soul to someone. You won’t be able to see it or hear it but sometimes you can feel it. When you giggle your soul has opened up to let everyone know that you are happy and if you cry your soul is telling someone special to you that you need a cuddle. Sometimes you giggle and sometimes you cry, but both are necessary because they let people know how your soul is feeling.

Your soul is very important and must be looked after because it makes you, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment