Monday 10 September 2012

After a weekend of late nights and lazy mornings I’m less than enthused about an 8:00 start this morning. I’ll be honest I’m in no mood for idle chit chat and as I try my hardest to drown out the noise of generic office conversation I sip at my now chilled coffee in an attempt to keep my eye lids from meeting and slipping into a sleepy state. Folding paper and packing boxes is on the agenda today, oh joy! I’ve gone from excitedly pumping up kites on the beach to sitting in front of a chipboard desk, surrounded by endless reams of paper, most of which I’ve used for doodling rather than making notes. I never thought I would say this but I actually miss my mornings with Jeremy Kyle, what a way to start the day hey?! Lounging on the sofa, knocking back a nice big bowl of granola whilst watching toothless gypsy folk battling over which one of them bonked their cousin and then stole their Argos 14kt gold hoop earrings….bliss if you ask me! For now I’ll just have to accept that the ever increasing pile of returns that’s leaning precariously over my right shoulder can no longer be openly ignored and will at some point have to be sorted. Shame. So I’ll grab another coffee, have a wee break and at some point tackle my ‘to do’ list. Fortunately number one on my list is ‘stare blankly into the computer screen dreaming of American road trips’ followed by ‘shuffle paper and look busy’ before hastily returning to ‘make imaginary plan of route for said American road trip’. Happy Monday morning folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment