Wednesday 12 September 2012

So I’ve just settled in for my first coffee of the day and happened to stumble across this little gem…. http://vimeo.com/26454176 Sitting in the office, with a whole lot of work to do and not a lot of it getting done I am utterly immersed in this video, immediately captured by the life and travels of the Goodwins. With wide angle shots of endless oceans, hues of blue and splashes of green merge between images of awesome valleys and boys in boardies. I’m just not made for an office. The Goodwins are a fresh faced, blonde and infuriatingly bronzed family who have recently embarked on a yearlong trip around the world embracing cultures all the way from Israel to Iceland. With two little ones on the road with them, Given, 3 and True, 1, the family are embracing the land and sea as their very own classroom, in which they will learn a great deal more than they would in any Maths class. I was rambling recently about my dream to one day set off on an adventure around the world, family in tow, and this expedition could not be more inspiring. So as I sit biting my lip, I take a deep breath, repeat my life mantra and secretly begin planning my very own world tour. Float through life, don’t sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment