Thursday 30 August 2012

The idea of waking up late and strolling out for breakfast couldn’t be more appealing this week. With a more than mundane week at work, for a change, I’m really struggling to get my head around where I want to be right now. So I can’t think of anything that would sort me out more than a cheeky breakfast in a coastal café, with company or even alone. I should take more time to write so as not to let my brain turn entirely to mush as a result of this exceptionally humdrum job that I have managed to fall in to, so this weekend I plan to take time to sit, drink coffee and write. Excited! I will have scrambled egg whites on rye bread accompanied by a rocket salad dressed with a dusting of cayenne pepper to wake me up before I embark on my literary adventure. I’ve always thought going out for breakfast was particularly sophisticated, particularly in Paris. Uuuuurgh if there was a job that required me to travel to every country to test their breakfast cuisine and write about it I would be one happy lady, unfortunately I fear that may be a somewhat unrealistic job description. Recently someone asked me what my passion was and being someone who favours a response that involves ink and paper I struggled to reply with a coherent answer. I’m a bit of a worrier as it turns out, and at this time whilst I’m an extremely happy soul I can’t help but let a little worry into my heart and mind. My main worry at this time, just because it makes me feel better to write about it, is not being passionate enough or to be more precise not having a specific passion for something. I feel incredibly embarrassed when people ask me what my hobbies are, especially in these parts where everyone’s past times seem to involve death defying stunts and extreme sports….my response always seems inadequate….I like to write….how lame does that sound? Maybe I’m worrying too much, maybe I should stop worrying so much and write a little more…. Anyway enough of all that drivel, if any of you lot hear about a job vacancy that requires a bare foot wanderer who can’t resist a good bit of brekkie think of me. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment