Wednesday 11 July 2012

So I’m very much missing London town at the moment and whilst it’s lovely down here in Dorset I feel like I’m missing out on all my beautiful friends and family. It is beautiful here in the summer, with everyone travelling around in their VW transporters, dread locks flowing in the wind and surf boards at the ready. Whilst I wish the sun would stick around forever and a day I’m very much aware that it won’t and soon the dark evenings will roll in, the clouds with thicken in an ominous shade of grey and the surfers will fly south for the winter to warmer regions. I can’t help imagining myself in London at Christmas time, toggled up in a cosy duffle coat, battling against the elements and the late night shopping pavement traffic making my way home from work. I am a country girl at heart which is perhaps why I miss my family home so much, tucked away in a secret village in Essex, surrounded by rolling hills and idyllic woodland walks. However at the age I am now I feel that the hustle and bustle of London life might just excite my senses, enhance my social life and even better encourage me to write more. I sit and flick through house and home magazines, optimistically and perhaps unrealistically picking out expensive artefacts with which I decorate my imaginary living room, bathroom and bedroom. I cannot wait to have my own space, with enough candles to light every Sunday service in every church in Rome. Bright blankets will decorate my untouched wooden floors and picture frames will adorn my bare brick walls. Ooooooh one day....soon I hope. For now I will enjoy my summer in Dorset and dream of Christmas shopping at Liberty’s, late night drinks with friends in Soho and early morning runs in St.James’s park. Oh and I’m going to bake more.

No comments:

Post a Comment