Sunday 12 February 2012

Last week I went for a meeting with the big cheese at Obey UK and had a little chat about all things propaganda. He ordered coffee, I ordered apple juice (note to self: be cooler, apple juice doesn’t scream professional)
Now, I wrote to these guys a while back and recently they got in touch with me about a couple of job opportunities that they’ve got up for grabs, obviously I fell off my chair with excitement.

In all the kafuffle I failed to check the whereabouts of Obey’s UK head quarters, later finding out that they are in fact in Dorset....bugger. So I’m in a bit of a pickle really. With recent goings on I have got a real urge to get away and start a fresh new life somewhere, preferably by the sea.........hmmmmm maybe it’s not such a bad idea?? Surfing, late night bbq’s on the beach and a pretty decent career path......all the right boxes are being ticked.
After all, I’m not sure I have ever really been cut out for London life; I’m a country girl at heart. I can’t imagine living in high rise flats, without a blade of grass or country pub in sight.

Aaaaaand, I have always wanted to work for a street wear brand, in particular a street wear brand with a strong heritage and meaningful message. After watching Beautiful Losers on repeat for most of 2009 I was inspired by the individuality and passion of each artist, with a particular draw to Shepard Fairey’s work, that’s where Obey comes in. So you can understand my predicament, do I leave all my friends and family and relocate to Dorset or do I carry on trudging through seemingly endless job vacancies at London based companies??

With nothing holding me back anymore and no commitment to this satisfactory but now stifling region of England a job at Obey in sunny Dorset might just be the next chapter in this little novel that is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment